Don’t get stranded – stay safe with a car battery replacement.
The battery and electrical system are the heart of your car. The battery starts your engine and powers lights, wipers, windows and other accessories. If you can’t start your car, it could be your battery, your starter or the charging system.
Today’s vehicles require much more from the battery; they not only provide energy to the starting system but they are vital for on board systems & accessories.
Many vehicles now use Stop/Start technology to maximise engine fuel efficiency, increasing demand on battery performance.
At Midas, our goal is to get you back on the road safely. Choose our comprehensive car battery replacement service and our expert car mechanics will test your car battery’s health and the charge rate of the electrical system charging your battery. This allows us to quickly confirm if a starting problem is the battery or another component.
All of our used car batteries are recycled via our licensed environmental partners, and we dispose of all hazardous materials correctly.
Our car batteries are covered under our National Guarantee, so you’ll drive away with peace of mind.
Do I need to replace my car battery?
It’s a question that may cross your mind, but you never really know until it’s too late. If your car battery is showing signs of slowing down, you might need a replacement. Here are some things to watch out for:
- Your car’s dashboard displays a warning light: This is often the first indication that your car battery is flat or running low. If the battery light appears when you start your vehicle, your battery may be running low.
- Your car battery won’t accept a charge: If you hear rapid clicks instead of your engine starting, and jump-starting doesn’t help, you may need a new car battery to get you back on the road.
- Your car battery can’t hold a charge: Jump-starting can be a band-aid fix for an underlying issue – a flat car battery. If your car needs to be jump-started repeatedly, you’re at greater risk of being stranded. Your car battery should be replaced as soon as possible.
- Your car battery displays low voltage on a voltmeter.
If you’ve noticed any of these warning signs, bring your vehicle to your nearest Midas service centre and let our experienced car mechanics take care of the rest. Book online or call us on 13 64 32 today.
Choose Midas for car battery replacement in Melbourne
When only the best will do, talk to Midas about your next car battery replacement in Melbourne. We provide standout customer care and a comprehensive car battery replacement service, including the following:
- We’ll inspect and diagnose the issue, and run some tests to confirm the state of your car battery.
- Once we confirm that your battery needs replacing, we’ll get it done on the spot. Most battery replacements take 20-30 minutes.
- Drive away safely with the peace of mind that all our batteries are covered under our National Guarantee.
Browse all of our available batteries below, or book a car battery replacement service online.
Stop / Start
(genuine spec level)
SUV / 4WD / Light Commercial
(genuine spec level)
Book online for car battery replacement in Melbourne
Looking for affordable car battery replacement in Melbourne? Your nearest Midas service centre is not too far away. With over a dozen locations across Melbourne, including Dandenong, Moorabbin, Narre Warren, Cranbourne, Ballarat and everywhere in between, you won’t be stranded ever again. Talk to us and discover why more Australians are turning to the automotive experts for their car battery replacement in Melbourne. Book online or find your nearest Midas location.
Your vehicle owner’s manual contains information about the best battery for your car. If you’re unsure, the expert car mechanics at Midas can recommend the best battery to fit your car make and model. We recommend changing your battery in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations to keep your car driving safely.
Most car batteries should last between three to seven years, depending on the climate and your individual driving patterns. We recommend replacing your battery once its capacity has dropped below 12V. Regular car servicing can reveal if your battery is running low. Or, simply bring your vehicle into your nearest Midas service centre and let us do the rest.
We sure do! With locations across Melbourne and into regional Victoria, Midas is your one-stop shop for all your automotive needs in Victoria. Visit us in Ballarat, Geelong, Dandenong and everywhere in between, or find a Midas service centre near you. With over 80 locations across Australia, find out why more customers are choosing Midas for all their automotive needs.