Don’t get caught out with a flat battery when you go to start your vehicle.
The battery and electrical system are the heart of your car. The battery starts your engine and powers lights, wipers, windows and other accessories. If you can’t start your car, it could be your battery, your starter or the charging system.
Today’s vehicles require much more from the battery; they not only provide energy to the starting system but they are vital for on board systems & accessories.
Many vehicles now use Stop/Start technology to maximise engine fuel efficiency, increasing demand on battery performance.
At Midas, we provide a comprehensive car battery replacement service that involves testing your car battery’s health and the charge rate of the electrical system charging your battery; our technicians can quickly confirm if a starting problem is the battery or another component.
We use licenced environmental partners to ensure used batteries are recycled and hazardous materials are correctly disposed of.
Signs your car battery needs replacing
Car batteries are manufactured to last between three to seven years. Once your car battery drops below 12V – which often happens within this timeframe – it’s time to replace it. Here are some telltale signs that your battery is running critically low:
- Your car’s dashboard displays a warning light: This is often the first indication that your car battery is flat or running low. If the battery light appears when you start your vehicle, your battery may be running low.
- Your car battery won’t accept a charge: If you hear rapid clicks instead of your engine starting, and jump-starting doesn’t help, you may need a new car battery to get you back on the road.
- Your car battery can’t hold a charge: Jump-starting can be a band-aid fix for an underlying issue – a flat car battery. If your car needs to be jump-started repeatedly, you’re at greater risk of being stranded. Your car battery should be replaced as soon as possible.
- Your car battery displays low voltage on a voltmeter.
If you’re experiencing any of these issues, our car battery replacement service can diagnose and get to work straight away, so you’re not left stranded. Book online for a car battery replacement service today.
Midas car battery replacement service
Energy running low? You Midas well have the best car battery replacement service around! When you choose Midas, you’ll receive:
- Comprehensive inspection and diagnosis: We’ll look into the issue, and run some tests to confirm the state of your car battery.
- We replace your car battery: Once we confirm that your battery needs replacing, we’ll get the job done there and then. Our car battery replacement service takes approximately 20-30 minutes for most vehicles.
- You’ll drive away safely: All of our car batteries are covered under our National Guarantee. It’s as simple as that!
Browse all of our available batteries below, or book a car battery replacement service online.
Stop / Start
(genuine spec level)
SUV / 4WD / Light Commercial
(genuine spec level)
Book your car battery replacement service online
Looking for a car battery replacement service near you? With over 80 locations in all major cities of Australia, including Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth, Midas can keep you running for longer. Our exceptional results, coupled with standout customer care are just some of the reasons that more Australians are looking to us for their car battery replacement. Book online now, or find your nearest Midas service centre.
All vehicle owner’s manuals will contain information about what size battery your car needs. Your experienced mechanic at Midas can also advise on the type of battery to fit your car make and model. A healthy car battery can keep you and your car safely on the road, and we want to ensure that you’re fitted with the right one.
Depending on the climate and your driving patterns, most car batteries last between three to seven years. We recommend replacing your battery once its capacity has dropped below 12 volts – which happens to most batteries within this time period. If you’ve noticed that your battery is running low, contact the Midas team today.
Stop/Start batteries, also known as ‘idle stop and go batteries’, operate by turning off the engine automatically when your vehicle comes to a pause, such as at a red light. This helps conserve battery fuel so you’ll get the most life out of your car battery. With most vehicles already using Stop/Start technology, Midas can fit a car battery that keeps you on the road longer.