Choose an Extensive Service when you want a more comprehensive major service where we check the critical safety, performance and maintenance systems on your car or SUV.
Your vehicle receives a detailed assessment and written report of inspected items, we perform an analysis of the engine management system and we detail any items recommended to complete your service and keep your vehicle in top condition.
- Check registration
- Check dash warning lights
- Check all exterior lights
- Check washers / wipers / windscreen
- Check horn operation
- Check cabin air filter (if directly accessible)
- Check air conditioning / HVAC controls
- Check transmission & driveline
- Check camshaft belt replacement due (if required)
- Check engine air filter
- Check battery & charging / test condition
- Check coolant level, test condition
- Test cooling system pressure
- Check MAF sensor / intake & throttle body
- Check wiper blades / top up fluid
- Check brake fluid level / test condition
- Check fuel filter (if directly accessible)
- Check transmission fluid level & condition
- Check (external) engine belts and hoses
- Drain & replace engine oil*
- Drain & replace engine oil filter
- Check brake systems (full wheels-off inspection)
- Check park brake operation
- Adjust park brake (some vehicles incur a surcharge)
- Check steering components
- Check drive shafts / boots
- Check suspension / control arms / links
- Check exhaust system & underbody
- Check differential / fluid level
- Check wheel bearings / hubs
- Check tyres and pressures (including spare)
- Check clutch & power steering fluids
- Check power steering / fluid condition
- Road test up to 60km/hr & report
- Clean windscreen
- Reset service light
- Replace next service due sticker
- Vehicle inspection report
Trust Midas for reliable car maintenance service and inspection in Australia. Get in touch with our friendly team, and we’ll help you find an option that suits your budget and needs. In addition to a more comprehensive service, we also offer basic vehicle inspection. Make an online booking or search for the nearest Midas store in your local area.
Please Note: The Midas Essential and Extensive Services do not replace a Manufacturer’s Handbook Service; however, it may be all that is needed, especially as your vehicle gets older or when you want the assurance of extra care.
* Synthetic Oils incur additional costs. Our inspection of your vehicle may reveal the need for extra work. We will provide a quotation for any additional work or parts that your vehicle may require or that we may suggest for safe and reliable motoring.
We may also recommend other items including an engine flush treatment to maximise the effectiveness of your oil change, as well as a fuel treatment to help clean the fuel system and improve performance and economy.
However, nothing will be added without contacting you first, explaining the need and gaining your approval.
How often should I book a full service for my car?
It’s recommended to get full service at least every six months to ensure that your car stays in good condition. However, you can also choose to service your car once a year.
What do I do if a problem with my car persists?
Sometimes a standard inspection isn’t sufficient to identify more serious issues. If you experience a persistent problem with your car, we recommend booking a comprehensive service. Our mechanics will inspect your vehicle, diagnose the issue, and determine the best solution for you.
What’s the difference between a basic and full car service?
A basic service only covers the main systems and parts of your car. On the other hand, a full service provides a thorough inspection of your car, which is more effective in identifying complex issues with your vehicle.