Essential Services from $179*
We’ve got you covered when it comes to car servicing in Melbourne. Our Essential Service will keep your car or SUV running smoothly and safely all year round.
This essential, regular car service maintains lubricant and fluid levels, together with a check or inspection of brakes, exhaust, steering & suspension and other key safety items.
Your vehicle is road tested and you receive a report of our inspection.
At Midas, we can help with:
- Essential services
- Scheduled services
- Extensive services
- 4WD services
- Steering and suspension
- Vehicle diagnostics
- Brake services
- Exhaust services
We always provide a great value service to customers in Melbourne. Look to us for quality results and standout customer care.
Car service key items:
- Check registration
- Check dash warning lights
- Check all exterior lights
- Check washers / wipers / windscreen
- Check horn operation
- Check transmission & driveline
- Check battery & charging / test condition
- Check coolant level, test condition
- Check wiper blades / top up fluid
- Check brake fluid level / test condition
- Check transmission fluid level & condition
- Check (external) engine belts and hoses
- Drain & replace engine oil and filter
- Check brake systems (full wheels-off inspection)
- Check park brake operation
- Check steering components
- Check drive shafts / boots
- Check suspension / control arms / links
- Check exhaust system & underbody
- Check differential / fluid level
- Check tyres and pressures (including spare)
- Check clutch & power steering fluids
- Road test up to 60km/hr & report
- Clean windscreen
- Reset service light
- Replace next service due sticker
- Vehicle inspection report
Find your nearest Melbourne store
Book online today or reach out to the friendly team at Midas. Our expert mechanics work with a keen eye for detail, ensuring you get the best results and value for money. The cost of an essential service starts at $179 and we’re more than happy to discuss your needs.
Please Note: The Midas Essential and Extensive Services do not replace a Manufacturer’s Handbook Service; however, it may be all that is needed, especially as your vehicle gets older or when you want the assurance of extra care.
* Synthetic Oils may incur additional costs. Our inspection of your vehicle may reveal the need for extra work. We will provide a quotation for any additional work or parts that your vehicle may require or that we may suggest for safe and reliable motoring.
We may also recommend other items including an engine flush treatment to maximise the effectiveness of your oil change, as well as a fuel treatment to help clean the fuel system and improve performance and economy.
However, nothing will be added without contacting you first, explaining the need and gaining your approval.
New vehicles should be serviced every six months, or 10,000km (whichever comes first). If you own an older vehicle, however, or you drive in harsh conditions, it is recommended that you have it serviced every three months or 5,000km.
Absolutely. We always take the time to walk customers through exactly what will be done to their car during a service. This is to ensure you understand what we do and why we do it. If you have any questions or concerns, you can always speak to one of our friendly team members.
Regular servicing by a qualified team such as Midas is a great way to keep your car running like a dream for years to come. However, if a problem or issue arises and doesn’t go away, a thorough inspection followed by necessary repairs may be required. We always advise customers as to the best course of action based on the condition of their vehicle.